The Chihuahua, named after the Mexican state of Chihuahua, is one of the smallest breeds of dog, yet with a super huge personality. It has a saucy expression and alert, terrier-like attitude. The coat can be smooth, with soft, glossy hair, or long, with soft straight or wavy coats and fringed ears.
If you have a chihuahua or are planning to get one, the following are some of the best cute, cool, badass and famous boy, girl names for him or her.
Boy Chihuahua Names
1. Sebastian – this is a name of Greek origin, which means venerable in the Latin language. Sebastian is the diminutive of the name Sebastianus of Latin origin, which was used for a man from the area of sebaste.
2. Henry – this is a name with French origin. It is from the French name Henri which is from the German name heimeric which means house ruler.
3. Silas – this is a Greek and Latin name which means wood or forest. It’s derived from the name sylvanus who was the roman god of the countryside, and he gave his name to the people who lived in the wooded areas or worked with wood. This name is suitable for a Chihuahua that loves the forest or one that lives in forested areas or a wooden house.
4. Kai – this name has several roots which are Welsh, Scandinavian, and Greek which means the keeper of keys. The name is well fitting for a dog that is very responsible for itself and others. It is a sweet name for your male Chihuahua dog.
5. Charles – this name is from the old English word coeurl which means free man. This name can be given to a chihuahua that loves its freedom and dislikes staying in a cage or dog house.it loves its freedom and playing in open spaces and fields.
6. Lucky – the name is of American Origin, which means fortunate. Your chihuahua might be a blessing to you, making you lucky to have it, and you may like to acknowledge this by naming it that.
7. Teddy – it is a name of French origin which means wealthy protector or brave people. In case your chihuahua is courageous and protective, this is the best name he could be given.
8. Aiden – this is a name of Irish origin that means small and fiery. It was also the name of the Celtic Sun God. The name suits a chihuahua, which is normally a small dog but is fierce.
9. Caesar – this is a name that means a ruler in German, Arabic, Russian, and a few other languages. It is inspired by Gaius Julius Caesar, the first Roman emperor. It makes a perfect name for a chihuahua that is strong and powerful, just like a leader.
10. Pedro – this is a popular name of Hispanic origin that means rock or stone. It is the Galician, Spanish, and Portuguese equivalent of the name Peter. A perfect name for a dog that is as strong as a rock.
11. Ajax – this is a powerful and fierce name inspired by the Greek Trojan war hero.
34. Augie – it is a name of Latin origin which means magnificent. It is a perfect name for a stunning dog.
12. Bandit – this name is of American origin, which means thief. It’s cute yet fierce among Chihuahua puppy names for the little thief who is sure to steal your heart and even your food at times.
13. Connor –this is a name of Irish Origin which means one who loves wolves or hounds. This name is perfect for a chihuahua owner who loves wolves and would like this character to be evident through his chihuahua.
14. Draco – this is among the Chihuahua names of Latin origin, meaning “dragon or serpent”.
15. Logan – this is popular among Chihuahua names for male dogs. It is of Irish origin and means “descendant of the warrior”. It also refers to the mutant Wolverine from the ‘X-Men’ series.
16. Simba – this is of African origin, which means lion. It is inspired by the character of Simba from ‘The Lion King’. A perfect name for a brave chihuahua.
17. Thor – in Germanic mythology, this is the name of the God of thunder. It is an outstanding name for a chihuahua that loves watching thunderstorms or gets very excited when there’s stormy weather.
18. Trooper – this name comes from the French word troupe. It refers to someone who can endure adversity. From the meaning, trooper can be given to a chihuahua dog that is very resilient.
19. Victor –this is a name of Latin origin which means a conqueror or a winner. It is a name which is perfect for a chihuahua that loves fights and never loses any of them.
20. Zander – this is a name of Greek origin which means a defender of the people. It is a perfect name for a chihuahua that is very protective of his owner.
Other Cool male Chihuahua names
- Charles (Charlie for short)
- Leonardo (Leo)
Cute Girl Chihuahua Names
1.Artemis – Artemis is the name of the Greek Goddess of the Moon and Hunting. It can be used with the nicknames Artie or Attie and implies safe.
2. Athena – this is the name of the Greek Goddess of war. A perfect name for a strong chihuahua.
3. Belle – this is a French name that means “beauty.” It’s also influenced by ‘Beauty and the Beast’s’ powerful and resolute demeanor.
4. Blossom – this an Old English name for female Chihuahuas means to flourish or thrive and is popular among female Chihuahuas.
5. Bria – this is an Irish name that means vigor and strength.
6. Cleopatra – the diminutive of this name is the name Cleo and is named after the historical Queen Cleopatra. A name suitable for a Chihuahua that gets royal treatment.
7. Diamond – named after the hardest precious stone on the planet, this Greek name means “invincible.”
8. Zoe – this a Greek name that signifies life. It’s a perfect name for a playful, joyous and lively chihuahua.
9. Amethyst: in Greek mythology, amethyst is a purple crystal that is said to protect the wearer from intoxication.
10. Norah is a diminutive of the Anglo-Normans name honora, which means “honor.” It’s also a diminutive of Eleanor, which means “bright” in Irish. It is derived from the Arabic word nura, which also means light. If you think it’s honorable or if it brings light into your life, this is a great name for your chihuahua.
11. Diva – Divas are fierce for a reason, and they won’t put up with anyone’s attitude. This strong name belongs to your Chihuahua diva.
12. Freya – Freya is the name of the Goddess of Love in Norse mythology. This is a name that a lover of the Greek mythology would consider.
13. Nova – this Latin name alludes to a cosmic power that causes a new star to form. It’s a common name for female Chihuahuas.
14. Phoenix – one of the most powerful female superheroes, inspired by the mythological bird that rises from the ashes.
15. Sadie – a popular English name that means “princess” and is ideal for your Chihuahua, who deserves to be treated like a princess.
16. Xena – this is a popular female Chihuahua name that means “hospitable” and is of Greek origin. It is based on the story of a warrior princess.
17. Venus – the name is from the Greek goddess Venus and also the super athlete.
Other good female Chihuahua names
Funny Chihuahua Names
At times all someone wants to do is laugh and maybe have a word or something that makes them laugh when they are sad. Why not give a funny name to your four footed friend to make you smile when you call him or her? Here are some for you.
1. Jimmy Chew – This amusing dog name belongs to the well-known shoe brand Jimmy Choo!
2. Bacon – If your dog adores this salty breakfast treat, why not give them the name Bacon?
3. Atom – If you have a small ankle-biter who eats your heart out, name them after the tiniest object in the universe!
4. Elmo – This amusing dog name is ideal for toddlers who adore Sesame Street’s red furry monster!
5. Lady Rover – This amusing, regal-inspired name will make your dog feel like royalty!
6. Chew Barka – Do you have any Star Wars fans in your family? Put a creative dog twist on this galactic name!
7. Bubba – When it comes to Bubba, you can’t go wrong! This well-known moniker is sure to bring a smile to your face.
8. Little Bow, Wow – Bow wow, wow, yippie yo, yippie yo, yippie yo, yippie yay! This is a cute, funny name.
9. Taco – With this lovable spicy name, make every day Taco Tuesday in your house!
10. Kanye Westie – If you like Mr. Kim Kardashian, this funny dog name is for you!
11. Beethoven – This funny dog name is always a hit, whether it’s inspired by the giant St. Bernard or the well-known composer.
12. Einstein – your dog is among the smartest dogs. Why not name your dog after one of history’s greatest minds?
13. Snoop Doggy Dogg – Fo shizzle my nizzle! . This amusing dog name is a perennial favorite. It can also be used by a Snoopy dog admirer.
14. Oscar Mayer – A classic humorous dog name that will have people repeating the jingle all day long is Oscar Mayer.
15. Nacho – Your dog isn’t as tasty as cheese-smothered corn chips, but he’s still enticing.
Funny chihuahua names without their meanings.
- Cookie monster
- Hairy Potter
- Tiny Tim
- Tater Tot
Beverly Hills Chihuahua Names
1. Pedro – One of the puppies in parts 2 and 3
2. Papi – The gardener’s dog.
3. Delgado – A friendly German Shepherd who helps Chloe, the Chihuahua who is the main character.
4. Chucho was a mongrel dog
5. Sebastian – A Pug dog
6. Rafa– A Pitbull
7. Chloe – the main character who is a chihuahua.
8. Montezuma – A long-haired Chihuahua
9. Charlotte – Papi Jr.’s love interest
10. Rita – A stunt dog who filled in for Chloe
11. Angel – The name of the dog who subbed for Chloe.
More Beverly hill chihuahua names.
- El diablo
Badass Chihuahua Names
Many Chihuahuas are actually very territorial and make great watchdogs. Just because they’re small doesn’t mean that you have to name them something pretty and dainty. If you want to name them something badass, feel free to. Here are some badass names we feel are pretty suitable for Chihuahuas:
1. Ariel: Hebrew name meaning lion of god.
2. Art: Irish Gaelic name meaning bear champion
3. Arto: Finnish name meaning bear-man
4. Bast: Egyptian name for a goddess, often depicted as a lion, defender of the Pharaoh. The name translates to lady of fire.
5. Lavi: Hebrew name meaning lion
6. Beowulf: Anglo-Saxon hero and monster-slayer
7. Lennard: English name meaning lion-strong
8. Bjorn: Norse name meaning bear
9. Espen: Swedish name meaning divine bear
10. Leo: Greek name meaning lion
11. Goliath : Hebrew Origin, in the bible Goliath was huge and feared.
Other badass Chihuahua names
- Dr. Doom
Famous Chihuahua Dog Names
1.Bit-Bit – this is popular among Chihuahua puppy names thanks to Britney Spears’ Chihuahua dog.
2. Boo-Boo – this is the name of the smallest dog as per the Guinness Book of World Records, who was a Chihuahua with a height of 9.65 cm.
3. Bruiser – this is the famous Chihuahua that belonged to Elle Woods in the movie, ‘Legally Blonde’.
4. Choo-hoo – this is the nickname of Marilyn Monroe’s Chihuahua.
5. Coco – ‘The Dog Whisperer’ serves as the inspiration for this Chihuahua name.
6. Evita – this is Madonna’s Chihuahua’s name.
Gidget – this is the name of the popular Taco Bell Chihuahua pup.
7. Lou – this is the name of the Chihuahua from ‘The Soup’, the popular TV series.
8. Mammoth Mutt – this name is popular from the cartoon series, ‘Krypto the SuperDog’.
9. Mimi – this is the name of the pet Chihuahua belonging to the Osbornes.
10. Mojo – this is the name of the Chihuahua from ‘Transformers’.
11. Ren – this name for Chihuahua dogs is from the cartoon, ‘Ren And Stimpy’.
12. Tinkerbelle – this is a popular girl Chihuahua name, after Paris Hilton’s teacup Chihuahua.
13. Tito – from Disney’s feature animation, ‘Oliver and Company’
14. Bambi – this is the name of one of Paris Hilton’s Chihuahuas.
15. Bambam – this is inspired by the character from ‘The Flintstones’ and refers to one who is active and full of life.
More other popular chihuahua
- Chloe (Beverly Hills Chihuahua)
- Tito (Oliver & Company)
- Pinky (Phineas and Ferb)
- Goofy ( Mickey mouse)
- Dodger (Oliver & Company)
- Nana (Peter Pan)
- Max (The Little Mermaid)
- Slinky (Toy Story)
- Copper (The Fox and The Hound)
- Lady (Lady and the Tramp)
- Pongo (101 Dalmatians)
- Arya from ‘Game of Thrones’
- Rogue X men series
- Harley matriarch of the ‘Suicide Squad’.
- Ginger ‘Ginger Snaps’.