The Maltipoo is a crossbreed between the Maltese and the poodle. Two companion dogs with a sweet personality, fun-loving, active, and very friendly with everyone.
Maltipoos can have just about any name from Coco, Georgie, Hubert, Toby, Willy, or Zero. Cute female names like Daisy, Chloe, Honey, Gee Gee, Kaia, Sugar, or Zelda. Sweet tempered names that are short, easy to pronounce, and joyful just like the toy dog.
There are many more naming ideas right below. Keep reading and get inspired by these incredible names.
Male Maltipoo Names
Caesar– One who has the power or a Supreme persona
Camelot– A beautiful name to give your male dog that is just as gorgeous.
Fonzi– If you’re Maltipoo has a curly or wiry coat, then the name Fonzi is well suited.
Lynx-This name fits the fur and coat of a Maltipoo, both shiny and light.
Marco– From Marco polo, it’s a good name for small Maltipoos. If there are two then you can use the two names separately
Marvel-Marvel is something that is spectacular. It is also the name of one of the biggest comic book companies.
Napolean– Named after the great war conqueror, it is great for any dog that is viewed just as great.
Opie– A cute little name for any small dog.
Pico– Means very small or in Spanish, it means to be at the top or high up.
Quincy-To maneuver or meadow fast.
Other names for boy malitpoo include;
- Alexander / Alex
- Edward / Eddie
Maltipoo Names for Females
Aslan – This is a Turkish name for a lion
Azura – A common name given to huskies to complement their hair and general appearance. A Maltipoo too has an overly hairy body so would suit the name
Bailey – Meaning a Sweet and precious little girl
Carly – To be free and pleasant
Esme– A beautiful, elegant name to give a dog with a graceful appearance as this designer dog.
Fuchsia – While it is the word for the color pink, it is a great name to give a Maltipoo due to its light nature.
Gelta -This is an Icelandic word for alert. Other names would include Georgie and Georgette.
Jasmine – This means a gift from God.
Nuni – The name is warm and unique. It sparks joy and happiness around with its pleasant aura.
Oribel – A Latino name for beauty or to be beautiful
Rupa – This is an Indian name to mean attractive. Just like many designer dogs, the Maltipoo has a beautiful appearance with big eyes and lovely character.
- Alexa / Alexis
- Beverly / Bev
- Bree / Breana
- Cassie – one that is strong-willed and courageous
- Ellie / Elsie
- Flora – Latin word meaning flower
- Freida / Fridah
- Joli – French name meaning ‘pretty’
- Julia / Juliet
- Kaia – the Hawaiian word for sea
- Maliha – an Arabic name that means beautiful, elegant, and strong
- Marian / Marina – means from the sea
- Millie – one with a gentle strength
- Quinn – from the Celtic descent it means to be wise
Apricot Maltipoo Names
Apricot is the number one coat color for Maltipoos. It’s beautiful and has great names you can use. Below are reddish-orange names you can use for your apricot Maltipoo.
- Alani – A Hawaiian name to mean sweet. Variations include Alana, Alanis, Alani, and Ailani.
- Amber – Arabic for a yellow-orange jewel that was fossilized in resin. Others call it Ember with variations like Ambre or Ambur.
- Aslan – A name of Turkish origin to mean lion. The Maltipoo does have a lot of hair like a lion.
- Auburn – A Latin French word for timid and so a reddish-brown hue. You can also use Aubern, Auburne, or Auberne.
- Carmine / Carmen /Carmela
- Cherry / Cher / Cherri / Cherrie
- Clementine / Clementina
- Hari – An Indian name meaning tawny or lion
- Rose – Variations include Rosa, Rosie, Roseann, Rosemary, Rosalynn, Rosalie, Rosalind, Rosetta, and Rosamund.
Other Good Names for Girl & Boy Maltipoo Puppies
- Clifford / Cliff
- Fido – it means trustworthy
- Michele / Mitch
- Tati / Tatiana
White Names for Your Maltipoo
- Ice / Icy
- Jasmine / Jaz
Wee Names for Your Toy Maltipoo
- Itty Bitty
Interesting and Fun Facts About Maltipoos
- The designer dog Maltipoo goes by many names including Multapoo, Malte-Poo, Maltese-Poodle, Moodle, Malt-oodles, Multipoo, Malti-Poo, Malt-oodles, and Maltapoo.
- There are 1st generation and 2nd generation dogs. First generations will be a direct descendant of a Maltese and a Poodle, while second generations are the result of two Maltipoos.
- A female can only be allowed to carry a litter once they get to the age of two or three years old. The litter could consist of five pups.
- Because of different breeding practices and genetics, there can be three types of coating; Soft and silky, thick and curly, or wiry and wavy. The wiry coat is the least desirable and is often due to poor breeding practices.
- Still, in genetics, there is a choice on whether to use a Miniature or toy poodle. The toy will often breed a five-pound Maltipoo while the Miniature will breed a 20 pound Moodle.
- Colors can be just about any though most have a deep, dark solid color. Instead of mixing colors, the pup will have dilute colors. Nonetheless, apricot remains the most popular coat color.
- Brown Maltipoos are called brownies, chocolates, or toffees as there isn’t a defined term for them.
- Tear stains are common in this breed, especially for those with light coats. Causes can be anything from red yeast infection to dyes that leak out of deeply colored plastic food bowls.
- Bathing your Maltipoo is best done every three weeks as they suffer from dry skin. Their teeth too could use professional cleaning at least annually.
- Training can begin as early as 8-weeks-old, with “Sit” often being the first command that is taught.
- Maltipoos are susceptible to heat changes thanks to their coats. You will have to keep them protected from the sun like a baby.